How to Remove Permanent Marker from Furniture
Toothpaste and a toothbrush or a soft rag is the answer. Or check the tips below,
for more ideas!
1. Use white paste, not the gel kind, and simply put a small amount directly onto
the wood furniture. With either a soft bristle toothbrush or a soft rag, start
making circular motions and rubbing the paste into the marker.
2. Be patient. You may have to do several applications before the marker is
3. When the paste has basically taken on the color of the marker, wipe clean and
then start with step 1 again.
* Try White board cleaner spray. It works great! Before you start, test the
paste on a part of the furniture that's not normally visible, to make sure that it
won't strip the paint.
* Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, it works, even on bamboo items! Use furniture oil
if the sheen gets rubbed off.
1. For couches, use laundry detergant. Gently rub it on and it magicly
* Try Goo Gone Spray Gel, simply place a dab on your finger and let set for a
few seconds. Then rub gently with a paper towel.
* A damp cloth dipped in baking soda rubbed gently on the "sharpie" marks
cleaned my wood dining table in a snap.